Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone!

Ah, yes, the times, they are a changin' around these parts.

As of 3:05 today, my daughter is officially a first grader. She is lean and gangly and all bumped shins and a tiny bit tone deaf, which is to say some things never change, as she's a mini-me circa 1982. I'd like to say she's better dressed but, well, she is my daughter.

Meanwhile, my son's enrolled in preschool starting in the fall and his big news is his tendancy to wear underwear with superheroes on them rather than diapers with baby muppets on them. This is a huge undertaking in any person's life and it's no wonder we don't remember, as, well, to put it lightly, it's hell.

Tim's lost his tonsils and gained a company. His tonsils came out in late April but the new company came about in these last few weeks. Lots of change around these parts but I suspect much of it will be good.

As for me? Well, very little is different with me. My eyeglasses lost a rhinestone, but other than that, I plod on just the same. I'm enjoying three blissful weeks off before my 8 week summer class starts, chasing the children all day every day starting tomorrow, and working hard to make the yard and garden as gorgeous as they can be. That's about it. With all of this change, something had to stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...