Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lilly sums up the year nicely:

At dinner the other night, she was telling her father her idea for the design on his birthday cake in September: There's a clown, and he's got a voice bubble saying 'I need to puke! Wait, I can't puke, I'm dead!' Then the cake says HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YOU'RE NOT DEAD!

It's always good to have kids around when you're having a hard time, isn't it?

Times like this, I can only think of these lines from Sliding Doors:
You know what the Monty Python boys always said, eh?
What, always look on the bright side of life?
Nope. NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Can anybody tell me how long the inquisition lasted? Because it grows tiresome. . . Oh, Wikipedia (source of all sources for this English teacher) tells me the Spanish Inquisition started in 1478 and was officially banned in 1834. Fun!

Guess I'll put the order in for that clown cake. . . Speaking of cakes, I suggest anyone reading this blog go check out *my* newest addiction: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/. Nothing cheers a girl up like cake: good cake, bad cake, grammatically atrocious cake. Cake is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...