Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Snapshot from our household

Actors: Monkey (7 1/2 year old girl) and Budge (nearly 4 year old boy).
Witnesses: Mr and Mrs Something

Monkey: You said kill. You shouldn't say kill. You don't even know what that means.
Budge: I do. It means to make someone die.
Monkey: And what does DIE mean?
Budge: To be killed.
Monkey: Here we go. And what does KILL mean?
Budge: To make someone DIE. DUH!
Monkey: And to die?
Budge: TO BE KILLED!
Monkey: That's not a definition. That's just a circle.
Mrs. Something: Well, yes. It's called a circular argument.
Monkey: Circular arguments are STUPID.
Budge: I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS IT MEANS TO DIE (punches Monkey)
Mrs. Something: Can you come tell my class that? About the circular argument?
Monkey: MOoo-ooooom. I really think they should know that already. They're GROWN UPS.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's good! Kid conversations kill me! Oops. I said kill...sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...