Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

But wait, there's more. . .

Mom: Please be sure you get your water bottles closed. When you don't, they leak all over your papers.
Lilly: (mumbles) Oh. Yes. I see. I see right here in my damp sweater.
Mom: YOUR WHAT???
Lilly: My sweater which is partially wet but not soaked making it D-A-M-P. Did you think I said something else?

*******

And then this one: Carter and I went to Home Depot to get a new deadbolt for our iron screen door. We purchased the deadbolt, after looking over 101 different knobs and locks. On the way out to the car, I was explaining that he could help me fix it so he could learn to fix it himself.
Mom: Because someday, you'll have a house, right? And then someday maybe your lock will break and then what will you do?
Carter: I'll have a wife who can fix it!!
(Man nearby loading wood chuckles)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Carter, your genius!

    Lilly is just about as blunt as her momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say it again--I LOVE your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...