Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Miscellany

1).  I did a photo spread with the Ging-ah and a gummy snake yesterday.  She's officially shed Tenacious E and Gingah and taken on a new nickname:  Honey Badger.  Randall can tell you all about it.

2). Speaking of Ginger:  I've had this song stuck in my head all week.  Of course, Honey badger isn't an official Ginger, she's a Ninja Gingah.

3).  I went to a friend's house today and she showered me with hand-me-downs.  Which is amazing and awesome and goes with the hand-me-downs I get from another friend and you know what?  EVERY time I dress Elsa, it's like shopping.  There's SO MUCH and it's so awesome.

4). The next time one of my children screams, I'm going to punch myself (couldn't finish this entry because all three children were screaming at me.  So I was busy punching myself in the face.  Oh yeah.).

5). Rebecca Black is obviously a child, because in MY house "It's Friday" means at approximately 3:47, this house will fall apart into shards of screaming children and fragments of pain doused with a healthy dose of starvation and omygodi'mgoingtodieifidon'teatsomethingnoooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.  In other words, there's no kickin' in the back seat or sittin' in the front seat.  Which seat do I choose?  The one on a train out of town for a girl's weekend, that's which one.

6). I've had "Come on Eileen" in my head since the news started covering hurricane Irene, except I switch Eileen to Irene. And then I feel like I might be taunting the hurricane which makes me feel bad.

7). Carter has a new daily exercise of claiming he's sick.  His throat no stomach no head no arms no legs no his pockets hurt.  We have a new daily exercise of not caring - but this leads to a conundrum as a parent, doesn't it?  Perhaps I need to read him Chicken Little, and not the movie version.  Or The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

8).  My son went to his first day of school in a tuxedo jacket, a tshirt, tux pants, and flip flops.  I've never been so proud.  What a good Colorado boy I have!

4 comments:

  1. And when exactly are we getting on a train for a girl's weekend?

    And does this mean you don't necessarily want the three gigantic boxes of clothes I have waiting for you quite yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh no - everything I have ends at 12 months, so of *course* we need the 3 boxes of 12-18 mos clothing! :)

    Man, I'd LOVE to escape for a girl's weekend. Or even a girl's afternoon. Seriously. Let's get the boys to give us a Sat afternoon off sometime soon. We can, I don't know, just go sit in a quiet place and have some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as soon as possible please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids delight me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...