Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

When I am old and grey. . .

I hope to take more pictures than I take now, which is saying something because I take a lot of pictures.  Just this week, for example, I've probably taken more than 100.  Some of them are good.  Many of them are very, very bad.  It's okay though, because it's a hobby not a profession.

But all of this is beside the point.  Sometimes I just don't know how to start to get where I want to go and I just end up rambling a bit.  This is one of those times, so I'll just stop rambling and tell you something about myself.

I like to take pictures of things that I think look like other things. I enjoy looking at the world in different ways and trying to see the unexpected.   Like, say, for example, this pistachio that looks like a bird:
Yeah, I totally ate that birdstachio.

Or this superfantastic rocket my daughter made at her Lutheran church preschool a few years back. . .

Sometimes I think teachers send stuff like this home just to test us.
That piece of art spent a year on our fridge and never stopped being funny. Thank GOD they didn't hang it up for family art night.  Big Dipper indeed.



Or this pear. . . that looks unlike a pear:


I did not eat the pear, I showed it to all of my friends, and gave it to the baby .
 I may have even hummed "Baby Got Back".  Maybe. 
Is there no better proof that the Universe has a sense of humor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...