Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I've let myself go. . .

It happens to all of us - we peer into the mirror and see a person that resembles the person we think we are - but is covered in schlumpy clothing or frazzled hair or what have you.

Right now, that person is me.

But it's not the mirror I'm looking at - it's my writing life. I've let myself go as a writer - and now is the time to  reclaim that writing life of my youth.  My youngest is two - this means that there's no reason I can't commit to early morning reading and writing and recapture that poet I once was.

And the blogger I once was.

You are all welcome to prod me along the way with reminders and queries.

As a first step back into the game, I'm going to spend a portion of time each morning reading - and another portion writing new work.  In a few weeks I'll add revisions to the mix as well and I hope, by the end of the year, to have a larger goal or get back into that fun futile exercise of submissions and rejections.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to more random musings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up around 4 so I can do my own thing for a while. Sometimes it's my favorite time of the day (shhh. don't tell anyone :-). You'll get back your writing life--you already have--it's revealed in all your posts--you can't help but write and do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...