Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

And another thing I cannot believe.

My bestie from High School's Dad died.

Here's the deal: As painful as it is to lose a parent and as much as you want people to talk to about it who understand, you want to remain an aberration as well. I don't want ANYONE I love feeling this pain. We are too young.

And he was too young. 61. Full, and I do mean full to the brim, of life. He's the kind of man who, upon seeing him on the street or in a picture, you couldn't help but smile. The whole clan is like that - goofy, funny, active, self-deprecating, but deeply connected and loving. You can't help but want to be with them. You can't help but want to be them. Because THEY are awesome.

My heart breaks for them because I remember these days - the dull fog, the people, pulling you through, all of the planning. I read Gregg's obit yesterday and I wept, remembering writing David's obituary. It sucked. It all sucks. There's nothing else to say about it, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...