Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

So today, after science club,




I was standing around in my beautiful Blowfish booties





Which I love. Look at the curve on those heels! It's just the best. Anyway, I was feeling a little schlumpy in my tight brown sweater, red shirt, and boot cut jeans, but I had the cute boots on. The boots that make up for almost any outfit.



So anyhow, I'm standing there in my fantastic Blowfish booties (the color's different than the ones pictured. Mine are . . . more brownish/greyish colored). . . and I realize that while I'm in my cute Blowfish booties (did I mention I love them?) every other woman there is wearing the dreaded but common Colorado footwear: CLOGS.


And seeing so many ladies in clogs reminded me I really needed to give a shout-out to this blog which has swiftly taken up residence in my heart. I wish that these ladies lived close. I have a bottle of wine with their name on it: http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/


Check them out. They rock. :)


Edited to add: These are the boots I got. These. And while, for a brief moment, I thought "Gee, those look a little like clogs" they totally aren't clog-like. Though, shout-out to my Colorado peeps, I personally am inclined to wear clogs. It's my deep anti-fashion nature. I fight it every day.


6 comments:

  1. So, of course, Lydia sees those shiny clogs, and -- like the magpie she is -- gasps that she MUST have a pair...even without a coupon.
    It's times like this I love the Cap'n. Because there's no way she's getting a pair without a discount...
    As for me...you called them "dreaded" -- I'm so happy!
    Would type more, but Lyd is threatening to throw her shoe at me...it's like a brick ;-)
    xoxoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Really, you should convince Lydia to try these booties. They look dangerous but they're. . . hold onto your hat. . . more comfortable than clogs. Or as comfortable as clogs. And the beauty - the REAL beauty, is that they slip off and on nearly as easily, but they'll hurt more when you throw them. Maybe that'll sell her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't worn clogs since fourth grade, when they were the finishing touch to a mid-eighties sweater dress ensemble. Truth be told, I sort of miss them. Not enough to actually PURCHASE a pair, but you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would buy those booties *just* because they're called Blowfish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, that heel is VERY cowboy. I think you harbor a secret ambition to rope and ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I felt that you should know: I just had to type the word "fidgers" in order to post my comment. Fidgers. If it's not a word, it should be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...