Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Okay, for real, an update.

What I've been working on is this: Hats for a sale at Relay for Life that we called "Lids for Life." Hours upon hours of knitting . . . and a most unfortunate thing happened to us.

Precious few sold. As a fundraiser, I'd be quick to note that we made nearly $150 on the sale of hats, so it wasn't a failure BUT we had so many leftovers, it's a shame. The leftover hats are destined to make their way to the Methodist Estabrook cancer center in Omaha, NE, where my stepfather did his cancer treatments. I hope they bring warmth and joy to the patients there.

I have pictures. Unfortunately, I'm still on the road - I'll revisit in a few days with photographs of everyone's lovely work. And it was LOVELY. I cannot begin to share the kind of talent that exists among my friends and family.

And now, in other news, since I'm 16 weeks pregnant and felt my first big from-the-outside belly kick yesterday?

We're moving on to some baby knitting. Yessireee, it might just be time to knit some BABY stuff. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the hats! Yes, it is time to knit some baby things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...