Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

So last night, while watching the local Kearney news. . .

baby Grr decided to announce him/herself with some most excellent kicks. Then I grabbed Tim's hand and put it low on my belly and. . . baby Grr decided it was some sort of Karate Kid training tool. We got punches and kicks and twirls and the most amazing feeling that maybe, perhaps, potentially, someday we will get to meet this baby.

And I was delighted.

Also, it was an excellent distraction from the indescribable helmet-head of the young newscaster. I can only explain last night's news by what I said to Tim: "Does UNK have a journalism training school? Have they given Sunday nights over to the kiddos? I think these are interns."

Still, I must say, between seeing local news that doesn't include the ugliness of our local news (it was more "This just in: Dogs were at the Museum today!" and "Lookit this rain!" than "Man murdered in Aurora, CO" or "Woman arrested for thousands of ugly things in Aurora.") and feeling baby Grr's evening training session, we were both in heaven.

3 comments:

  1. I love baby kicks. Nothing better. Even when they kick you in the bladder and/or cervix.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...