Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reflecting on Ghandi:

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.



A man is but a product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.



You must be the change that you want to see in the world.



What impossible tasks! In the face of violence, the tragic events of this week - of the shooting at Millard South, the shooting at today's political rally in Arizona, and the shooting at a hospital in New Mexico, I am mad.



Very mad.



I want revenge. My blood lust has been triggered and I want people to be punished.



Unfortunately, many of them already have been punished. The others will be punished under due process of the law, not my immediate blood lust, thank God. And it is my job to what? My job to do what?



It is my job to love.



In 2009, over the fourth of July weekend, Pastor Dave asked our congregation to love radically. He explained to us that the challenge of Christians isn't to LOVE people who are loveable. It's to love people who are unloveable.



What a challenge.



So now: Deep breathe. Reflect. Concentrate. Think the change. Be the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...