Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: Year of the Crafts

Okay, okay, not really.  Or really. I'm not sure.  I'm trying hard to dedicate MORE time to making things and LESS time to slack-jawed web-surfing.

My first craft on this new kick was to refurbish a sweater/shirt I had - it was covered - and I do mean covered - in sparkles.  I've only worn it once in the whole time I've had it. . . and, sadly, that was it.  As I was removing the beads I found dozens - and probably made more - of holes.  So it's. . . gone.  I invested 1 hour in removing the beads only to decide that it just wasn't the thing for me!  It's OK though - I tried!

Bye Sweater: You will be missed. 
I've also committed to doing much more sewing this year.  I have a machine and gads of fabric downstairs - but so far I haven't made a thing in months!  Time to pull out the ole machine and get busy. . . but first off to Denver Fabrics -- 2 days *before* their big 30% off sale. . . 

(That's today. I'll be going back!)

Here's my haul: 
Can you tell someone barely left the blue table?
What are YOU up to this year?  What crafting will you be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...