Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A few new crafts. . .

I am committed to crafting this year and have been trying to do something every day or two.  Using the pattern from the last post, I made another knot bag with some remnant fabric from Denver Fabrics.  I LOVE this fabric - it's a strange and inexplicable obsession, but I love love love love it.  

However, I hate to sew with it.  Blech.  Must get back to the fabric store and get some interfacing.  THIS bag is currently living in Lilly's room.  

My next design was one of my own - using the top section from the bag above, I made a circle to use as the bottom of the bag, then did some mathmagic and voila - new pattern.
 Using a very old remnant from a wall hanging I cut up to make into a sling 10 years ago and a skirt I got from the future Mrs. Matt Mason when she was travelling through town doing poetry. . . I made my new FAVORITE bag ever.  I LOVE it.
 And so does Darth Vader.  It's the perfect size.
I then got bold and decided to resew a pair of jeans.  So I ripped them apart.  Everywhere.  Turns out, I don't really know how to resew jeans.  These were a failure of epic proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...