Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spring Semester Kickoff

Well here we are, the first Saturday after the start of the Spring Semester and rather than working while my children stare blankly at "My Friends Tigger and Pooh", drool forming on their chin, I am dinking around online wasting copious amounts of time while I wait for the coffee to hit my brain and get things up and running.

Week one of the Spring semester was interesting. First off, because of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, our semester starts on a Tuesday rather than a Monday. Add to that my last-minute-afternoon-pickup class and I was all akimbo. Then there were the beginning-of-the-semester meetings, hallway conversations, etc.. One cannot sneak ninja-like into and out of the school without at least half a dozen catch up conversations with colleagues. It's simply impossible.

So in the meantime, while I was playing Adjunct Professor in one life, my other life was backing up, getting dusty, and generally suffering from a lack of home-cooked food and my short fuse. This morning I shall attempt to play both Instructor AND Mom and do such things as tackle laundry mountain whilst brainstorming ways to teach college-level reading techniques. It'll be great.

And some day I might just try to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...