Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Okay, strangers, here's the deal:


I am due in November. Thanksgiving to be precise-ish (actually several days after, but let's not split hairs here).



And here's what I know:

  • I know I'm big. But thanks. I know Thanksgiving's awhile from now. In fact, it's just about 4 months from now. I know you're not sure where I'm going to put all that baby. I know you don't know how I do it. I know you think I'm going to fall over! I also know you think you're funny.

And I know you know someone whose sister's brother's BFF had unexpected surprise twins! I know when you/yourwife/yourBFF was pg with twins she was just sooooooooooooo tiny. That's awesome. I know you were tiny when you were pg. That's awesome too.

I also know that when a woman becomes pregnant, suddenly her body is involved in the process of expanding humankind and THUS you might feel that it's your property upon which to comment freely.

Here's what you don't know: I have two children. This is my 7th pregnancy. This belly is a badge that I wear daily that says "We did this. WE did this." It is a marker of everything we have gone through since March of 2009. I wear it with pride.

I will be huge. I will be gigantic. I will waddle (hell, I waddle now). I will probably tip. And I will love EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE of it.

Excepting, of course, when you, dear stranger, feel the need to comment on my size.

4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and spectacular and perfectly normal, so everyone else can just suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so tiny, I was way bigger at that stage. people are morons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glowing doesn't begin to cover it. You're practically a strobe light. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...