Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kid-ISMS, updates, and a True Mom Confession

Carter: blah blah de blah blah blah
Me:  Are you speaking in tongues? 
Carter:  Um.  No. I'm speaking in English.  With my tongue.  

Carter:  I wish I had a magic wand.  And I wish that it worked.  And if I had a magic wand that was real and it worked I would use it to turn you into Dad. 

Lilly: :patting my belly chub:  Awww wook, wouldn't it be neat if there was another wittle baby in dere?
Me:  That'd mean more sharing.  Even less time with Mom.  
Lilly:  That might be worth it. (Followed, of course, by a wink and a smile). 

Carter: MOM!  Elsa's finger is bleeding!!! :beat:  Oh, nevermind.  It's just pizza sauce. 
(and a week later)
Me: Honey, there's blood on your finger.  Go wash your hand. 
Carter: Nuh uh.  It's just pizza sauce.  (Puts finger in mouth).  Um.  Mom? 
Me: Yeah? 
Carter: I do not think that was pizza sauce. 

In update land: 
Elsa is nearly 7 months old. I have no idea where the time went.  She's trying to crawl.  
Carter is 5. He's lean and hilarious and more active than I ever imagined.  He's also the bug whisperer - or, rather, the animals-of-all-sorts whisperer.  While he's unable to find his own shoes on his own feet, he manages to find all sorts of bugs, a crawdad, butterflies, worms.  You name it and if it exists around here, chances are good that it's come to see Carter. 
Lilly is 8.  She's just digging in to book 5 of the Harry Potter series.  I'm in awe.  I can't get her to do much, but that girl will read.  And read some more. 

Now, for the True Mom Confession. 

Nah, I'm tired.  I'll save the True Mom Confession for tomorrow.  Suffice to say, it took me 3 days to tell Tim.  I need another 24 hours to tell you all.  FYI: Everyone is fine.  Safe.  Happy.  Well, happy-esque. . . mostly because they don't listen to me and my big mouth when it's wagging and frothing.  Probably because of the stupid shit that comes out of it sometimes. . . 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...