Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Bad news.

The good news is I have plenty to do and everything was HALF OFF. The bad news? I have SO.MUCH.MORE.YARN. This is going to be an expensive hobby, I'm thinking.

So it goes like this: I went to the yarn store today to look for scarf pins for Mom's scarf. I didn't find anything I liked, really, so I wandered over to their 50% off bins.
Bad idea. First I found the GORGEOUS yarn on the right. I opted to set aside the deep dark teal I'd chosen for Erika and use this for her scarf for Christmas. Then I found the button. Though it doesn't look right in the picture, it actually matches perfectly.



Then there was this poor sad skein. It looked as though a wee 'Zilla had gotten ahold of it and pulled its guts out. But it was $3. Who can say no to $3 wool?
Then there's this one: It's super soft. I can't wait to knit it into something.
Most of these will become Christmas presents. But someday I'm going to knit for myself, by gar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...