Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

This is Halloween

And for Halloween, I cast on a lion washcloth pattern called "Grrr." My buddy Amy recommended it and it's very cute. You can see it here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTgrrr.html.

I'm using a bright orange (neon, almost) Sugar and Cream that I got at Michael's for $1.25. So far so good, though I've had a few setbacks. The pattern-maker mentioned that it was small, so I cast on 6 extra stitches and then realized it was too big for a preschooler, so I pulled it off and went back to the original size. Then I got about 4 rows in and made a few mistakes, so I ripped it back to nothing and started over. Now, so far so good, though the make-loop stitch feels rather awkward. It looks beautiful. This will be a cute lion on one side and a nubby scrubber on the other side. I definitely think I'll use the pattern again.

Update on Erika's scarf: It's done. I added the button today. I'll post a picture as soon as I've showered.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...