Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today



I finished Erika's scarf. It gave me all sorts of problems. I used the Easy Presents Knits neckwarmer (http://presentsknits.blogspot.com/2008/01/super-easy-super-pretty-neckwarmer.html) with teal Berroco DK Merino.

I got about 4" into the neckwarmer when I realized that it was simply too thin for good Nebraska winters, so I pulled it back, switched to a bit larger needles, and doubled the yarn. It was much wider than the one pictured at the link above, so I opted to change the pattern a bit. Rather than have the button loop from the middle, I planned to do it off of one of the corners for a bit of an asymmetrical look. When I got about 12 to 13" into it, I realized it's got a problem rolling. I didn't want to frog the project, so I added 6 rows of garter to each side to help hold it open. It's blocking right now, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll update with a photo as soon as I can.

Tonight I didn't knit a thing - I'm not sure what to make next, so I figured I'd take a night off, watch Top Chef and Always Sunny, and relax. I did frog an old diaper cover I made but Carter *never* wore. It took quite awhile, but it's resting now. Hopefully it'll net some decent yarn for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...