Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ssssssshhhhhhh. . . I'm hiding in the shower.

Or, rather, I was hiding. From the 3 month old baby.  Or,well, not really,I guess I was hiding from life.  For just a few minutes.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my life, I do.  I love teaching and blogging and raising kids.  It's unbelieveably awesome.

But my god this to-do list.  Holy crap.

First there's the have to do.  Then it's the really should do.  Also the honestly if you don't do it the place will fall apart.  That other sticky note?  That's the if you do this the short people will stop screaming at you list.

My to-do list is simply a list of lists.   My husband's favorite movie is Inception and I swear to you, our lists are working the same way - except rather than lengthening time each time we uncover a list below a list, we dramatically shorten it.  And there's no kick to escape from it all.

But there is the shower.  Why do I like the shower?  Because in the shower I cannot read the lists, nor can I attempt to do, half-heartedly, stuff from five different lists.  I can only shower. Is it any wonder today's was long enough as to be just a tiny bit shameful?  Oh the wasted water.  And time.  Wasting things wasn't on any of my lists today.

Off to find a Sharpie and reorganize my lists.  So very much easier than tackling them.

2 comments:

  1. I hide in the shower All. The. Time. Best 15/20/45 minutes of my day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...