Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

To the woman in the Post Office

who practically spat at me when I said "Excuse me" to collect priority boxes and ready my packages:

Thank you.  You could not have contrasted more brilliantly with the radio news piece I heard upon returning to my car - about a homeless girl who earned a scholarship to Harvard and was given a hand-up by people of all walks of life when her story became public.

Her voice, over the radio, was everything yours was not.

So thank you for your rudeness.  It made a feel good piece on NPR feel even better.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you wish it was legal to beat people upside the head? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. premier loan provider

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...