Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tim's living in Portlandia.

I was going to blog about this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad dream I had, but I'll be honest - the very idea of repeating it sends me into an anxiety attack, my heart in my throat.

So screw that.  I'm going to talk to you now about plastic bags.

Several years ago, I committed to a life of carry-your-own-canvas-bag-shopping.  It's fabulous - the bags are big enough to hold 3-4 plastig bags' worth of groceries and they have handles, making the trip from car to house much easier. However, my husband is not sold.  As he's done the majority of grocery shopping in the past 2 years, and as such, we've gathered mountains upon mountains of plastic bags.

I cannot stand them, so I've begun trying to do something with them - and that something is. . . making shopping bags.

Last night, as Tim watched me making yarn from plastic grocery bags (it's called plarn.  How quaint!), he told me he felt like he was stuck in the episode of Portlandia with the dumpster diving segment.  "Ahhh, look!  It's a Koala!"

If you haven't seen Portlandia -- please, please, oh please, give it a look see.

3 comments:

  1. I need to be handy and make these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is WITH men and their resistance to reusable bags? Jeff refuses to do it too. Mainly becaues our biggest, bestest canvas bag has a big pink breast cancer ribbon on it and pink writing. I've tried to console him and convince him that it's ok, no one will mistake him for a woman *in spite of that dastardly bag* but he just won't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told him that if he continues to bring home these little plastic bags, I'm knitting him a sweater with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...